Knowing basic first aid could be the difference between life and death. Say you are in a family gathering and suddenly a baby starts to choke. Do you know basic techniques to save a choking child? What if you are outdoors on a hiking/camping trip, and a friend of yours suffers a head injury or a broken bone. Do you know the immediate steps to take?
Such incidents are rather common, and sadly, a minimal number of people are familiar with First Aid Training Herefordshire. A survey revealed that eight parents out of 10 are not familiar with essential first aid procedures that could help save their child’s life.
Through first aid training, you can have a significant impact on someone’s chances of recovery and in alleviating their pain.
Young kids encounter so many accidents on a daily basis. Be it falls, choking, cuts or asthma attacks, with no first aid training Herefordshire, your little one, as well as the people around you will be at risk.
First Aid Training Course Herefordshire
Enrolling in a course of first aid training would teach you some of the most essential lifesaving skills. The program is run by highly skilled and experienced emergency services professionals.
Here is what you get to learn by taking these courses:
- What action to take if someone is unconscious and breathing
- What action to take if someone is unconscious and not breathing
- What to do in case of an emergency – the priorities of treatment
- Making first aid kids
- CPR and the different ways it should be done for an adult, baby, or a child
- What to do if someone is choking (practically or in theory), drowning, gets an asthma attack, suffers a head injury (compression and concussion), bleeding (nose bleeds, objects in ears/nose, eye injuries, and amputated parts) and suffers from spinal injuries.
- What to do if someone gets burned via fire or electrocution
- Dealing with acute allergic reactions and use of an Epipen
- Dealing with poisoning – corrosive and non-corrosive
- Febrile fits and convulsions
- How and when to move someone following an accident
Reasons for getting First Aid Training
With the help of first aid, you can:
- Save lives
- Convey substantial information when emergency services arrive
- Reduce recovery period
- Reduce hospital stay and unnecessary visits
- Alleviate the amount of pain which the injured feels
- Prevent a medical situation from worsening
- Increase awareness while lessening the risk of accidents
- Feel empowered and prepared for anything
A qualified medical or emergency services professional would teach you life-saving skills hands-on at Point to Point Services, first aid training Herefordshire. Point to Point services has been providing these courses since 2008. They not only run open courses but also offer private courses at the venue of your choice.