DefibSafe 2 – Outdoor Heated AED Cabinet
DefibSafe 2 has been designed to provide a cabinet of even higher quality and security, at a lower price point. Plus you have a choice of having a lockable or unlockable unit.
DefibSafe 2 is IP66 rated, giving superior protection from the elements. The door is made from polycarbonate, the same material that is used to make riot shields, providing additional peace of mind about the safety and security of the defibrillator inside. The exterior is made from polyethylene which is both corrosion and impact resistant. You now have the option of having logo’s on the front door! If you have a sponsor/charity involved or just your logo we can place them prominently for everyone to see.
We have extended the warranty of DefibSafe 2 to up to 10 years. This gives confidence in both the quality and durability of the product, and peace of mind about any issues should they arise.
This is the only external defibrillator cabinet on the market in the UK that has IP66 certification. This gives superior protection to protect the defibrillator inside from the harshest of weather conditions.
Each cabinet comes with a unique location code. This ensures that help in an emergency can be sent straight to the location of the cabinet, and a 999 call operator can pin point the location of the defibrillator.
- Highly durable.
- Weatherproof construction giving excellent protection for the defibrillator stored safely inside.
- Stainless steel mechanical lock – the lock used on the cabinet comes with a lifetime warranty. It is made from the highest quality stainless steel making it durable and weatherproof. It has an in-built clutch mechanism to prevent forced entry and lock damage. A coded keypad comes as standard but an un-coded, unlocked option is available.
- Easy single-hand entry with large flat bar handle which is easy to hold and use, this is especially useful in cold conditions, or if people have limited dexterity.
- Thermostatically controlled frost protection and full insulation – Crucially important to manage fire risk, the heat plate has a thermal cut-out mechanism. The plate is kept at 10 degrees and is never allowed to drop below 5 degrees. The heat plate will never reach above 25 degrees.
- Highly visible with clear step-by-step instructions – the cabinet is high visibility yellow as standard.Instructions on the front of the cabinet have been written with guidance from the NHS Ambulance Service to give step-by-step guidance and inform passers by on what to do in an emergency. Additional defibrillator signs give increased awareness.
- Low energy transformer for low running costs and simple installation – this delivers the energy required to run the cabinet efficiently and ensures that running costs are kept to a minimum.
- Unique location code on each cabinet – It is strongly recommended to inform and involve your local Ambulance Service when placing a public access defibrillator. The unique location number of the cabinet can be shared with them so that they can add it on to their systems. In this way, in an emergency they can direct people to their nearest location and offer extra guidance during a 999 call.
- Full Illumination – The internal LED lighting gives additional visibility. It also means that the instructions and numbers on the lock are back lit and always visible. This is especially useful in rural and remote locations.
- Width – 440 mm
- Height – 625 mm
- Depth – 285 mm
- Weight – 10 kg
- IP66 (IP or Ingress Protection) ratings are defined in international standard EN 60529 (British BS EN 60529:1992, European IEC 60509:1989). They are used to define levels of sealing effectiveness of electrical enclosures against intrusion from foreign bodies (tools, dirt etc) and moisture.