The SOF® Tactical Tourniquet Wide (SOFTT-W) is the result of two years research of user feedback and laboratory studies and builds on the success of the original SOFTT.
Weighing only 90g the SOFTT-W is light, compact, robust and easy to apply. High-strength, light-weight components are used throughout; ensuring reliability in the most demanding of circumstances and on the largest of limbs.
The simple clip and buckle allows for rapid application of the strap without a need to re-route it, yet provides a highly secure fastening. This makes the SOFTT-W easier to use under stress and reduces application time, resulting in reduced blood loss and better patient care.
The SOFTT-W has a true 1.5″ tourniquet strap, providing a better compression pattern than most other tourniquets. It uses a high-strength aircraft aluminium windlass, virtually eliminating the risk of windlass failure and there is no Velcro® anywhere, so the SOFTT-W can perform effectively when wet, muddy, sandy or frozen.
The SOFTT-W is the latest evolution of the SOFTT, used by U.S Special Forces in extreme environments and has been found to be 100% effective by a U.S Army Institute of Surgical Research evaluation.
- Orange in colour
- A true 1.5″ strap for increased constricting pressure and patient comfort
- Quick-release, snap-lock buckle design, allowing rapid routing of the strap around trapped limbs without rethreading
- Lower-profile, light- weight alloy components, providing the required strength and durability only metal can offer
- Single application method regardless of location
- 25% lighter than the previous SOF® Tactical Tourniquet and reduced size for easier storage